02 September 2007

X-RAY VISION

22nd Sunday in the Ordinary Time
Lk 14:1.7-14


When I was a kid, Superman fascinated me a lot. I often wondered how it was to have his superpowers and what I would do if I had them. One of his superpowers that intrigued me a lot was his x-ray vision. Superman could see through walls with his naked eyes.

But as I grew older and continued watching my favorite superhero, I noticed that his x-ray vision was limited after all. He could see though closed doors and thick walls, but Superman could not see through a person’s heart. His x-ray vision was simply just that – an x-ray vision – as an x-ray machine reveals a person’s bones but not a person’s bone marrow.

I wonder what would happen if we were all gifted with an x-ray vision that makes us see not only that lies behind closed doors but also within closed hearts. What would happen if, through our naked eyes, we could perceive the motives of every person for every thing he or she does? Everything revealed; nothing concealed. Then we would know why we are invited to a party and others would also know why we invited them to ours. Motives would be clear like never before. The revelation might really be very surprising! It can likewise be very disturbing.

Superman had his x-ray vision but still could not see people’s motives crystal-clear because x-rays do not reveal a person’s intention and the eyes can be deceived so easily. But God can see the heart and all that is in it. And God cannot be deceived.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI!Fatherbob,
I know you still dont know me but it does'nt matter .I'm very glad that there is like you who post like this and it truly give me lessons.Iwish you'll read this.Could i make a request i know that your good i singing,would you sing the song i wanted to hear from you it's "IT MIGHT BE YOU" PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In sunday 8:00 pm could you. I'm also a church worker.SEE YOU THERE OK. GOD BLESS YOU AND GUIDE YOU ALWAYS:) THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home