10 May 2006

PREACH JESUS


Wednesday in the 4th Week of Easter
Jn 12:44-50

I am a priest. I preach everyday. I am always aware that when I preach, I should not only speak. I should speak only what God wants me to speak about. At the end of the day, part of my examination of conscience (or consciousness) is asking my self honestly: “Did I preach about God or did I preach about my self today?”

Jesus tells us today, “…what the Father has told me is what I speak.” Jesus is God’s most faithful preacher. He Himself is the Father’s Word to us.

In one way or another, we preach whether we are priest or lay persons. But what should we preach about? We must preach about Jesus, not about our selves. And if we are to preach about our selves, it should only be because we are like Jesus Himself. Just as Jesus is the Father’s Word to us, so should we be Jesus’ word to the world.

Jesus makes our life stories worth listening to. Jesus makes our life lessons worth learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home